Sweet Potato Gnocchi

Seasonal eating inspired this culinary adventure.  A healthier alternative to the traditional gnocchi, even the Italian side of the family will reach for a second helping!

The meal prep was a laborious but pleasant process. Just a few tips…if you read up on varying recipes, some will suggest boiling or searing the sweet potato gnocchi to finish. I found the latter to be true…not the former. For a time saver, I would suggest baking the sweet potato the day before and chill overnight so the dough will hold better.

For the dish finale I added pancetta, kale, endive, red onion and a balsamic reduction. Overall, very tasty and extremely satisfying.

whatyouneed

makeitstick

Shape the dough

portion

Rollit

form

sweet17

sweet12

sweet15

sweet18

enjoy

1 Comment

  • Reply Irene Butler January 4, 2015 at 2:26 pm

    Yum! You smart chef!

  • Leave a Reply